Share your Cancer Journey with us! Send Your Story to MyStory@TeamEric.org
Roughly 50% of cancer diagnoses are already the advanced stage when diagnosed. Early screening is the difference. The more we can spread the word and educate, the better chances we all have of beating cancer.
WE ARE E.R.I.C
We want to educate and inform on the reasons that Early Recognition Is Critical. (E.R.I.C.) We hope you will help us spread the word that we should all SCREEN UP!
ABOUT SCREEN UP
- Physical Exam and History: This exam of the body looks for general signs of lumps, and or anything else that seems unusual. Your history of health habits and past illnesses and treatments will also help professionals determine if you need further screening.
- Laboratory Test: Testing of tissues, blood, urine, genetic tests, as well as other samples.
- Imaging: Internal images including MRI’s, Ultrasounds, and X-rays
SEARCH FOR PARTICIPATING CLINIC
ULTIMATE JERSEY PARTNERSHIP
The ERIC Team is partnering with VC, BE, and Boon to provide Ultimate teams with an opportunity to earn 500$ back on their jersey order.
What you have to do to earn the $500 rebate:
- Each team will contact the ERIC Athletic Director before starting this checklist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Each team will assign (3) players to provide the Athletic Director with (1) ‘How do you ERIC’ video each. These videos will be 30-60 seconds and intro the player and how they maintain a healthy lifestyle. For example: Wearing sunscreen and sun hoody’s at tournaments, eating healthy, 8 hours of sleep, regular doctor visits.
- Each team will host a two-hour long event with their community teaching 15 minutes of cancer wellness education and the rest of the time teaching ultimate skills
- Each team will put the ERIC logo onto its jersey sleeve and provide photos to the Athletic Director once it is complete
- Each team will share the receipts of their jersey purchases to the Athletic Director
If you are interested, again, please reach out to Kevin Pettit-Scantling via email (email@example.com) to start this process.
ABOUT SPEAK UP!
SPEAK UP combines cancer education, accessibility and blends them with the world of Ultimate Frisbee. Wait, did we just say Ultimate frisbee? Yes, yes we did. Our program starts with teaching the simple methods to identify early signs of cancer, next we educate and support on how to SPEAK UP and take the next steps. We finish with some fun, and more education. We teach an introductory class on Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is built on a background of speaking for what’s right and the spirt of the game. The skills learned go hand and hand with being a better advocate for our health. By visiting here, you’ve already taken the first step towards making a difference. Allow us to stand by your side the rest of the way.